Copyright Corrina Tough 2011

Saturday 8 September 2012

Monet' house and Garden and Moulin Buchet

Yesterday Shanes nerves were shot as we drove in our hire car out of Paris- once on the motor way it all settled down and we headed to beautiful Giverny. First stop a little place near Vernon where I was able to practice my French in a charcuterie and a boulangerie to buy some gorgeous salami, pate, salads, baguette and tarts for our picnic. I could surprisingliy converse with people and I was very proud. Then to Giverny and I was in such awe of the place- the images speak for them selves. It was a balmy 27 degrees with perfect blue skies. We then arrived at Moulin Buchet (an ancient mill converted to guest accomodation with resturant. We sampled our first real french dinner as up until now we have crashed to early to eat dinner. Did I say I don't want to come home??? We tasted a series of dishes from aperitf to desert, each mouthful was a sensory pleaseure. xxCorrina.
More pics to come......  All images copyright Corrina Tough 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment